The Southern Railway invites the application for the post of Clerk-cum-Typist, Ticket Examiner, and Commercial Clerk in Carriage and Wagon Workshop, Electrical Workshop, Loco Workshop, Engineering Workshop, in Chennai Division
About Southern Railway
The Southern Railway headquartered at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Chennai is one of the 16 zones of Indian Railways. And It is the earliest of the 16 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway. It Registered in 1859. It has six divisions are Chennai, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram.
Total Number of Vacancies
- Ticket Examiner: 61 Posts
- Commercial Clerk: 16 Posts
- Clerk-cum-Typist: 40 Posts
Should pass 12th (+2 stage) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate. 50% marks is not to be insisted upon in case of SC/ST/ExServicemen and for candidates who are graduates.
The candidates who are willing to apply for the available vacancy should not be more than 42 Years 01-07-2016.
Reserved category applicants will get the age relaxation as per government rules.
Selected Candidates will get the salary pay band of Rs. 5200 – 20200/- With 2000/- Grade Pay (Post 1), Rs. 5200 – 20200/- With 1900/- Grade Pay (Post 2,3) as per organization norms.
The selection process will be based on
- Written Exam.
- Online Exam.
- Typing Skill Test conducted by the selection committee.
How To Apply
Aspirant candidates who want to apply for Southern Railway Recruitment they must follow the below given instructions:
- visit the official website http://rrcmas.in
- Select link of the advertisement and download application format.
- fill the application form as in prescribed manner and must attach the required copies of the particulars with the application form.
- Enclose the complete application in an envelope And send to the below stated address
Assistant Personnel Officer,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
No.5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Cresent Road,
Behind Ethiraj College,
Egmore, Chennai 600 008
Last Date Of Submission : 01-08-2016.
► Click Here For Official Notificiation
► Click Here For Application Form