Chef, Steward & Hygienist Vacancy in Indian Navy MR/NMR -The Indian Navy has been published a latest notification for unmarried male candidates for Enrolment as Chef, Steward and Hygienist for MR NMR 02/2017 Batch. Registration for online application will be opened on 19 December 2016 and will be closed on 02 January 2017.
More details like age limit, educational qualification, selection procedure, Category wise post vacancies, Pay Scale, Admit Cards, Results, how to apply etc can be found in this page.
Name of official website
The Indian Navy.
Name of course
MR NMR 02/2017 Batch, Course Commencing October 2017.
Name of posts
Qualified in Matric (10th) class for MR and VIth class for NMR entry.
Candidates should have been born between 01 October 1996 to 30 September 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
During the initial training period, stipend of Rs 5700 per month. On successful completion of initial training an amount Rs 5200-20200 plus grade pay 2000 per month.
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus grade pay 4800 per month. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
(A) Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(B) Minimum height 157 centimeters. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 centimeters.
(C) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
Selection Process: – Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit on their performance in written test, qualifying physical fitness test (PFT) and fitness in medical examinations.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will be comprised of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):-
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
How to applyEligible Interested candidates are required to Apply Online through Join Indian Navy Website. The last date for registration of online application is 02/01/2017.Print two copies of the online application form. One copy duly signed, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, mark-sheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self-addressed envelope of size 22x10 cms with ₹ 10/- stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at following Address
(a) For MR (Chefs Stewards)» POST BOX NO. 2, LODHI ROAD POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI- 110003
(b) For NMR (Hygienists)» POST BOX NO. 5270, CHANAKYAPURI POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI- 110021
The type of entry, choice of centre and choice of Branch is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: MR/NMR- OCT 2017 (02/2017), STATE - MAHARASTRA, BRANCH - STEWARD.
Important dates for Remember
- Starting date for online application – 19 December 2016.
- Last date for online application – 02 January 2017.
- Physical receipt of application at this office is by 09 January 2017.