Assistant Prison Officer vacancy in kerala Prisons - Applications are invited for Assistant Prison Officer posts in Prisons Kerala.Eligible and interested candidates can apply via online before 01.02.2017 Wednesday up to 12.00 Midnight Application must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after "ONE TIME REGISTRATION" (thulasi psc registration).Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile. Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as I.D. Proof in their profile.
More details like age limit, educational qualification, how to apply are given below, read the official notification carefully before applying.
Name of Post
Assistant Prison Officer
Number of vacancies
(1) Thiruvananthapuram Unit – Anticipated (This Unit includes Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, and Alappuzha Districts)
(2) Thrissur Unit – Anticipated (This Unit includes Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam and Thrissur Districts)
(3) Kannur Unit – Anticipated (This Unit includes Kasaragod, Kannur, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Malappuram and Palakkad Districts)
Method of appointment
Direct Recruitment (Unit wise
18-36 i.e. candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.1998 (Both dates included) only are eligible to apply for the post. Other Backward Communities and SC/ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation.
Candiates should Pass in SSLC or its equivalent qualification
- Must have at least 165 cm height and must be minimum 81.3 cms round the chest on full exhalation and must have a chest expansion of 5 cms
- Eye sight:- Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses. Vision Right Eye Left Eye Distant Vision 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen Near Vision 0.5 Snellen 0.5 Snellen (c) Each eye must have a full field of vision. Colour blindness, squint or any morbid conditions of the eye or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
- Must be free from apparent physical defects like knock knee, flat foot, varicose veins, bow legs, deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing.
- Must qualify in any five events out of the eight events of the National Physical Efficiency One Star Standard Test, as specified below.
- 100 Metres Run :14 seconds
- High Jump :132.20 cms (4’ 6”)
- Long Jump :457.20 cms (15’)
- Putting the shot (weight of the shot 7264 gm) :609.60 cms (20’)
- throwing cricket ball :6096 cms (200’)
- Rope Climbing (Using hands only) :365.80 cms (12’)
- Pull-ups or Chinning : 8 times
- 500 metres run : 5 min 44 seconds
The candidates should produce at the time of Physical Efficiency Test, a Medical Certificate in original in the form prescribed hereunder certifying to their physical fitness and eye sight without glasses. The Medical Certificate should be one obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon/Junior Consultant and the same shall be uploaded in the OTR Profile by the candidate at time of Certificate Verification.
Scale of Pay
20,000-45,800/- per month
How To Apply
Candidates must register as per “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” with the Official website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password (kerala psc user login). Candidates must click on the 'Apply now' button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for the post.
Important Dates To Remember
- Last date for receipt of applications : 01.02.2017 Wednesday up to 12.00 Midnight