Southern Railway has released a notification for the recruitment of Apprentice vacancies. Applicants from Indian nationals (male and female) are invited from the desirous and eligible applicants to fill-up 4429 following vacancy to the post of Apprentice jobs in various trades in the Southern Railway zone.
Name of the Organization
Name of the Posts:
No. of RRC SR Apprentice Vacancy:
- 4429 Posts.
- Central Workshop, Golden Rock (Trichy) – 853 Posts
- Carriage Works, Perambur (Chennai) – 924 Posts
- Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur (Coimbatore) – 2652 Posts
- Note: Must have passed a 10th class examination under 10 +2 system or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution.
- Must have passed +2 with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for MLT Candidates.
- Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates with higher qualifications viz. Diploma/Degree and Course completed Act Apprentices are not eligible to apply.
Welder, Fitter, Carpenter, Electrician, Painter, Machinist, DSL Mechanic, Mechanic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, MMV, Electronics Mechanic, PASSA and Medical Laboratory Technician.
Age Limit: as on 14-12-2018
15 to 22 years for Freshers candidates
15 to 24 years for Ex-ITI/MLT candidates
Relaxations in upper age limit:
3 Years for OBC candidates
5 Years for SC/ST candidates
10 Years for Persons with disability (PWD).
- During the first year of training – Rs.5,700/- PM
- During the second year of training – Rs.6,500/- PM
- During the third and fourth year of training – Rs.7,350/- PM
Selection will be based on the Merit list, Medical Examination & Document Verification.
For the preparation of merit – Taking the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidates in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% aggregate marks] and ITI examination giving equal weight to both.
A non-refundable fee of ₹ 100/- for General and OBC category candidates. There is no fee for SC / ST / PH / Women candidates. The fee should be paid through online mode.
How to Apply:
Eligible Candidates should apply online only through RRC Chennai (www.rrcmas.in / iroams.com) official Southern Railway Recruitment Portal. The closing date for submission of online registration is 13/01/2019
More Info & Apply Link